For many small business owners, navigating the halls of the Google Business dashboard is a daunting task. Many people become frustrated with the interface or simply don’t have time to keep their information up to date.
The problem here is that significant errors within your Google Business profile can result in a dramatic loss in phone calls, in-store visits, and a number of other sales related issues.
This is because Google may be inadvertently telling hundreds or thousands of people per month incorrect information about your business!
For example, we recently contacted a local Mexican restaurant near me that seemed to be showing strange hours in their Google Business knowledge graph panel:
We called the restaurant to see if these hours were in fact correct.
Not surprisingly, the store owner replied that no, the store does not “close at 2 PM and then open at 5 PM.”
This immediately prompted an audit of their Google local business presence, social media websites, and more.
When we perform a local business audit, we perform the following check:
- Do you have a Google Business account? (if not, you should contact us immediately!)
- Do you have all of your locations entered into the account?
- Do your locations have the correct hours listed?
- Is the business address correct for all locations?
- Is the phone number correct?
- Is your business categorized correctly?
- If you are a restaurant – do you have the appropriate menu or reservation links?
- Are your photos optimal? Do they showcase your business or are they strange user-uploaded photos?
- Is your logo correct?
This is just a short list of the overall assessment that needs to be done for every local business, especially those with a brick-and-mortar location. Mom and pop stores often do not have time to update this information, or are not even aware that it’s possible.
WitBlade currently serves the Philadelphia area and would be happy to sit down with you for a free initial consultation to help you determine the best course of action for your business. Even a short ten minute meeting can result in important findings that are crucial to the success of your business.
You can request a free consultation using the form below.